Model Designation: AC
Available Tonnage: 60-400 tons
IPLV Range: ~0.6
Smardt has revamped the oil-free air cooled chiller line to give you more of what you need (higher performance) without the things you don't (bulky size, noisy fans, excessive refrigerant).
Smardt air cooled is up to 9% more efficient and 5 DBA quieter fans than the previous design. Plus the new design boasts a smaller foot print and decreases the required refrigerant charge by as much as 40%! How's that for an upgrade?
All these benefits are standard to all Smardt air cooled chillers. Guaranteeing that by using Smardt you are specifying the best air cooled chiller that provides the most value to the property owner.
Model Designation: EC
Available Tonnage: 80-250 tons
IPLV Range: ~0.4 kW/ton
Smardt is the first to bring magnetic bearing compressors to the evaporative condensed chiller world.
The development of the EC line is driven by the customer need for improved efficiency, low sound, lower required electrical line sizes, and most notably, reliable performance at higher ambient conditions over an air cooled chiller.
Although an evap condensed unit would be highly efficient in any climate, here in Southern California, this is your go to chiller for any application 10+ miles from the ocean.
Model Designaion: LA
Available Tonnage: 80-540 tons
IPLV Range: ~0.45 kW/ton
The Smardt condenserless comes into play in two major ways:
1. As a superior energy savings retrofit for an existing condenserless chiller.
2. For the innovative engineer aiming to build up a top of the line system (with several potential LEED points).
If you couple the Smardt Condenserless with other innovative technologies such as the Evapco Ellipti-finned eco-ATW evap-condenser with Super Low Sound Fan and Pulse~Pure non-chemical water treatment, points for EA1, WE1 or 2, IEQ5, and IEQ9 are possible.
Want to take chillers to the next level? Smardt's three new product offerings will give you the boost to be at the forefront of superior energy savings with the greatest system design flexibility. By integrating oil-free compressor technology to classic chiller methods, you now have the widest array of part load options at your command.
• Can use up to 75% less power than standard air conditioning rooftop packages?
• Are true 100% Outside Air Systems?
• Exceeds Title 24 requirements?
• Takes advantage of nature's own cooling mechanism instead of using refrigerants?
• Has three different cooling methods?
o Direct Cooling: Adds moisture directly to an airstream to cool the while increasing its relative humidity
o Indirect Cooling: Cools air without adding moisture by using a HX.
o 2-Stage Indirect/Direct: A combination of the two systems above that cools air with 50%-70% relative humidity compared
to 80% humidity from a conventional single stage cooler because the air supply to the second stage is pre-cooled.
• Leaves a a smaller "Hydro Footprint" than traditional systems by reducing water required to produce kW of energy at the power plants?
• Performs the best in areas of high temperatures and low humidity? This includes most of the Western United Sates such as the California deserts in our backyard.
• Are built and manufactured locally here in Los Angeles, CA by Westaire Engineering?
Proclamations from the Queen herself.